Sunday 13 December 2020

Messy Bun Tutorial!

It is a look we are all well aware of, lazy Sunday's, your hair may need washing but you aren't going anywhere so what do you do with it? Just tie it up into a messy bun of course! I find it incredibly hard to do this on myself, but here is my method of how you can wear the perfect messy bun.

Let's kick things off with some video tutorials you can follow:

★ 5 Ways To Do A Messy Bun!!!! | Easy Hairstyles - Abby Smith

★ Easy Messy Bun Tutorial - LeSassafras

★ Perfect Easy Messy Bun Tutorial (Without Sock/Donut) - MissAlex

Despite how difficult I find this to do, it can be completed in as few as three steps, and is labelled to be one of the most effortless hairstyles out there, not hard to see why with a name like 'messy bun.' The tutorial I am writing about today is how I personally do my hair when doing a messy bun, and it takes me typically two or three minutes, so it's easily accessible to all no matter how busy your lives are.

Messy Bun Tutorial
It is a popular topic for vloggers as it is relatively easy to do, and there are many girls out there who would appeal to hair tutorials, particularly if they are unsure as to how to work with their hair of different thickness and length. The biggest benefit is that messy buns don't have to look messy at all, they can be done in a certain way that makes them seem formal if you are looking for a new way to wear your hair out.


Step 1

I typically bend over so that my hair falls forward and put my hair into a loose ponytail on my head. It doesn't matter too much if you hair is brushed or not, but if you want to go for a neater look, it's best to comb the ponytail in. You can also choose how high up you want the bun to be, by moving the ponytail either higher or lower to suit you.


Step 2

Using the ponytail I just made, I twist it around my fingers and weave it around the base of the ponytail (where the hairband meets my head), making sure each layer goes below the last to keep it in shape. Once it is too small to wrap all the way around, leave the end of the ponytail hanging down the back of your head.


Step 3

The easiest and final step, use the hairband you already used or another hairband if you are unable to get to it to keep it in place on your head, this should be relatively tight so it doesn't fall out. Finally, if there are any stray bits of hair or parts of the bun that look like they may fall out on their own accord, use bobby pins to keep them tidy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say? Leave a comment here!

Search This Blog